Thursday, June 14, 2012

2 Geocaches A Day Keeps The Worry Away

Last weekend, laguna.sam and I made only 2 Caches. A letterbox and a multi.


The letterbox was discovered by her and with all the favorite points, we couldn't do something wrong. The weather was unstable but we set off for it. It was about the "Lord of the mountains", also called "Rübezahl".
The 1st and only stage was impressive. You need to get a key out of a well shaft. Spiders did play a role for laguna.sam the whole day :) This forest was overran by spiders. And the stage was under a floor of webs. After trying to get the object with the provided tool, I gave up and just took it with my hand. Surprisingly I could reach it comfortably. Do I have arms that long?

Then we went to the estimated place, and found a broken toilet cabin(!). Well, like laguna.sam said, even the "Lord of the mountains" need to go for little mountain-ghosts :) We didn't digged there any further and after a little search we found the right place. We put our stamps inside, like it is supposed for a letterbox, and back to the car.

The next one... well I think I might just write my log here. It says it all:
"Aiport QSH approaching. Tower, we can't find the runway...ummm"
Laguna.sam and I flied to this location with nice weather and clear sight. But still, the approach was clearly the most complicated part. The navigation led us to impossible ways, and wrong routes. The official runway to land wasn't easy to find.
But in the end, we arrived and took off for the stage. Quickly we found the numbers and Laguna.sam was determining the right coordinates. After some search [what she wrote in the log :)] we found the container and we arrived at our destination.
A comfortable place to log and trade trackables :) And so we did.
Oh and again, spiders played a big role for my nice accompaniment.



That's all for this weekend. 2 caches only, but it was fun and the weather kept being good.

Don't forget to log my virtual Geokret, if you like.
Happy caching everyone!